Wednesday, December 31, 2008

are we human, or are we dancer



(for the the music video, go here)

"...don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened..."

Dr Seuss, you are right. Goodbye 2008.

Tonight was spent Latin dancing with some cute latinas (and gringas). Holy cow pants it was fun. I'm not sure how I was convinced to go, but I'm glad that I did.

I didn't get any photos because I didn't take my camera. Sorry ___ (brother's name excluded for his own protection). I did receive your text, although my battery on my phone was so dead, that receiving it caused the phone to shut off. Sad. I know.

It's been a good year.

A trip to Paris (France or Idaho I leave up to you for the protection of my bother's identity)
Picked a direction in school
Saw a sibling married
Home 3 years from Russia
Free local concerts (I'm remembering 4?)
Made new friends
Lost old friends
Human body in exhibit
Celebrated the life of lost ones
Laughter
Tears
Tears from Laughter

I'm thankful for my experiences. I'm thankful for my opportunities. I am blessed. That I do know. As I sit here on the eve of a triumphant beginning (although, it IS already nearly 2 AM), I hope that God blesses me with new experiences that will shape me into what I need to be.

"For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." (1Ne 20:10)

Silver is a very curious metal. It is said that when silver is refined, the furnace must be very hot. When the silver is pure, when it is ready, the Maker can see his reflection in it.

May God choose all of you. And when all is said and done, may He see himself in you, but more importantly, may you see yourself in Him.

No comments: