Thursday, December 11, 2008

little swiss miss

I woke up this morning and sat down with my mother. It seems that the settlement from her accident in 2005 is pretty much done. Now what is weighing on her mind is how to take the money.

She suggested that I call my brother Tad and see what he thinks. They live in France (his wife is Swiss/French, although I'm not sure she would admit to the French part...) and we don't get to see them often. Luckily they have a local Salt Lake number (Thanks Vonage!) so I gave him a call.

My niece Teeny (Valentine) answered the phone, and we had a great time talking on the phone. I heard all about recess (after she had remembered the word for recess in English) today, and how they were playing tag with boys (how scandalous). It was so fun to talk to her and hear how she sees life. She is my Little Swiss Miss.


It made me thankful for having such a wonderful family, and for having the means to communicate with them when they are so far away.

No comments: