Thursday, December 18, 2008

hittin' the slopes

Thank you Warren Miller! I spent the day up at The Canyons resort
today on pristine powder, and the only thing between it and I was a
snowboard. The slopes were phenomenal. Jessica and I headed up to the
resort at about 8 this morning, and arrived around 8:50. It was
snowing the entire time we were up there, and honestly, it was the
best snow I have ever seen.

As we rode the chairlifts up the mountain, Jess and I took the chance
to talk to the people that were on the lift with us. One man came
from Chicago, two others came from Illinois, and the last two, who
looked about 19, were from around Salt Lake, the exact city escapes
me. It was so interesting to see people coming from everywhere to
come enjoy the snow here in Park City.

How lucky am I to have such a close proximity to theses mountains.
I'm grateful to also have the opportunity to enjoy nature and it's
beauty. We live in such an amazing place. I think that I forget that
sometimes. You know that whole inversion thing from the valley, and
even the cold. But still, it truly is an amazing place.



Jessica's goggles broke just after we got up the mountain. We hadn't even gotten into our bindings before they popped off her head. She tried one run, but there was too much snow falling. She bought some new ones.


No comments: