Monday, December 15, 2008

fire!

-although I wrote this on the 16th, I'm posting it for the 15th because everything happened that day-

Hello. What a wonderful 15th of December. Today, the 15th, I had an interesting day. Now that I have established the date... I went into work at 8, to find out that I didn't work until 1. I know. Great job Mojo. Wow.

Well, I couldn't park in my normal parking space today, because as I drove past it, I noticed that it was occupied. I would have continued on to find another spot, but decided that I needed to make a phone call about this intrusive car. I mean, how dare they!?!

So I got my cell phone out and dialed 9-1-1. The conversation went as follows:

Calm man: "9-1-1 Emergency. What's the emergency?"
Mojo: "um... Hi. I'm at the corner of ___ and ___. There is a car erupting in flames."
Calm man, oddly calmer than before: "Oh, the fire department knows about it."
Mojo: "Oh... okay... thank you..."
Calm man:

Yes. Mojo had a first. He called 911. The car that had taken his spot was on fire from the driver door all the way to the front license plate. It was quite the sight to see. No one was out there, not even a fire truck (I thought the fire deptartment knew about it...).

Thank goodness for 9-1-1. I know I wasn't the first to call, but still, it's great that we can have help so redily. It's just awesome.

No comments: