Saturday, December 20, 2008

a relaxed day

Well, I'm done with finals, and now everything is out of my hands. It's great to be able to just relax and enjoy the break.

As you've seen from an earlier post, I did get a change to hit the slopes. I've been so excited to do it and finally got a chance to go. Jessica and I had a great time. I think that was the perfect way to start the break from school.

Now, moving onto today... It was filled with relaxation again. I made sure to go to the post office to send Marcey her CD that I promised to send her such a long time ago. Marcey, sorry I'm a putz.

Then I went and watched the Green Mile on Grant's new TV (gorgeous) and it makes me want a flat-screen. I guess when (not if) I become a millionaire, I can start splurging on gifts for myself.

I went with Grant to a wedding reception that evening where he ditched me and went on his date (she picked him up at the reception...) and I stayed and just chatted with old friends from high school. The funny thing about the reception is that it was for a girl whom I've known since I can remember. Her family lives a street or two over from us. My mother told her at the wedding shower that she was somewhat sad about the wedding because she wasn't marrying me. We both laughed about that.

But still, it makes me thankful that my life has been working out the way it has. God knows what's supposed to happen to me, and even though my thoughts on the subject are on the other extreme, it's worked out the way it should. As I sat next to my friends (the only single one) at the reception, I just couldn't see myself as a father (one to the left), or living in another state (also one to the left), stuggling with money (well, pretty much everyone). I live a comfortable life, which I'm thankful for.

No comments: