Friday, December 5, 2008

cafe rio

What's that you say? Yes, it is I. Mojo. I know, I know, I've joined the Blogging community. I've been reading other people's blogs for long enough, that I thought it was time.

I don't know what I want to write about. I might as well write about me. I mean, I am totally awesome. It just seems like the most sane thing to do.

One of the ideas that I had for a blog was just writing things that make me happy and/or what I've been grateful for that day, thus begins the story of Cafe Rio.

I spent the entire day today in the computer lab (yes quad-core, 4Ghz, 4GB of RAM computers DO make me happy, but alas, the story evades the topic nearly completely). I've been working on my final project with my team of 5. We're making a Mod (modification) to the Halflife 2 multiplayer game. It's dodgeball. Yes, including a map (playing area) that looks like an elentary school gym, with pullout bleachers on the side. Awesome.

It's been pretty fun so far. We went to Cafe Rio for a break today and I got to talking with one of the guys I'm working with. He told us that he was going to go the BYU, but his bishop (I was surprised he was even LDS) wouldn't sign his ecclesiastical endorsement. Jarred back into shock. We asked him why, and he responded, "Oh, because I didn't have a testimony." Quite actually, a funny response.

I'm glad that I've got God in my life. I'm not a perfect guy, but you know, I'm gratful for what I have. I'm glad that the people around me are (almost) as freakishly awesome as I am. And as much as I know I live in "The Bubble," (Those who have been to Utah know what I'm talking about) I'm glad that I've got people around me holding me up.

No comments: