Wednesday, January 14, 2009

rip van winkle

Class, day 3: I found that the reading that I did for class today wasn't as vital as I had thought it was prior. I'll still continue to do it of course, but it does make it hard to really want to read when you go over the entire thing in class. I didn't get the books for my other classes until later this afternoon in the mail, so I came home and putzed around until work.

My life is pretty boring right now. I feel like I should at least write something, but as Francis posted today,
...the world of blogging is sort of a mixed bag. there is pressure to be funny, interesting and to take at least some photos without a double chin. there is worry about whether anyone is reading anyway, and if they even care that i lost the office belching contest...
Well, today was NOT the office belching contest, be we did compete. I emptied the quarters from the soda machine in the basement so I can go out and buy some more soda. Before counting it, we placed it in a cup and everyone guessed the amount. Most guessed in the 30s, but ranged up to $100. My guess, which didn't count sadly because of a conflict of interest and experience counting the coin, was $60. Actual, $66.75

Truth be told, it wasn't that boring of a day. I got in and took down the nondenominational holiday plant (Christmas tree) and in the process, seemed to create an air conditioning breezeway for my pants (a hole in the crotch about 5 inches wide). I proceeded to work today without realizing it. Yep. 2-6:15 with a HUGE hole in my pants.

Awesome.

No comments: