Monday, January 12, 2009

musak


Another night another room another phone call
One more day
Another road another sign by my window
Counting miles away

I'd come back I would
I would come right back to your arms
If I only could

So long hard roads
Wake me up when we're home
Wake me up when we're home

Yesterday is today is tomorrow the next day Is the same
As I wander these miles I wonder
Should I have stayed

I would turn around
I would come right back your way
Just not today

So long hard roads
I'm coming back home
So long hard roads
Wake me up when we're home

I might turn around
I'll come back some day
I might turn around
I'll be home some day

So long hard roads
I'm coming back home
I'm coming back home

I have a friend Sabe who is quite poetic. She often will quote songs or write poetry on her blog. En lieu of that, I thought I might do the same. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog anymore, so I think I'm safe copying her. This song has been in my car for a while, but I haven't put the CD in my player for a while. But it was in there tonight on my drive home from work, and I thought that it really did describe my feelings.

The first day of school went well. I've only been to one of my classes, but I like it. I have it with a friend of mine (whom I know because I know her older brother, who got married, so I started hanging out with his younger brother, and thus I met her). My teacher took roll, and I heard a few people I know, but there was one that stuck out...

I heard the name, and I could only think to myself, "I know her somehow." I took a look at her face when she turned around, but I still didn't know her. Well, when I was at work, it hit me. She comes to my work at least once a week. We all know who she is, in fact, the first thing that my coworkers said when I said her name was, "Oh yeah. Red Jeep." Funny.

I'm feeling better than I did yesterday. I'm still working on myself, and I DO need a lot of work, but things are better. "So long hard roads." I done with the pain of them, and now I rest, so, "Wake me up when we're home."

No comments: