Saturday, July 17, 2010

ouch

So this weekend, I did a bad thing.  I was so good all last weekend up until Friday.  I forgot sunblock and boy am I paying the price.

We did a campout near Morgan (the city.  Yeah, I know.  It was confusing all weekend) starting on Thursday and going through today.  But my misfortune would bring me to my knees on Friday and I came home early.  I drove late Friday night and got home around 11:00 to tend to my sun-scathed wounds.

But here's the really cool part.  Everyone kept saying that I should try this trick to heal a sunburn.  I figured that it couldn't hurt (too much) so I'd give it a try.  To be honest, I'm a little impressed and I think I might keep doing this in the future.  Now mind you, I've read some articles online that make it sound like you put it on and, magically, it's like you never were in the sun to begin with.  THAT is a little too far-fetched, but it worked on me.  My burns don't hurt.

So if you haven't already used the link from above, here's the trick:  Vinegar.

Yeah, you read right.  But read it again if you'd like.  See?  Still what you read before.

I was shocked.  All I did was take a shower in somewhat cool water (Come on.  I can't take a hot one with a sunburn), dried off, and them sprayed on the magic concoction (Can a concoction consist of one ingredient?) and I feel great.  I feel the burn, but the burn doesn't hurt.  I can tell my skin is a little upset, but it's like it was screaming at me, and I just walked out of the room, shut the door and put in some headphones.  Yeah, it's probably still screaming, but honestly,  I'm already jamming out and dancing in the living room.  Awesome.

So the weekend was okay.  I need to be diplomatic because I honestly don't know who reads this thing (cough.  Just my mom) but I feel like there was a lot of planning that went on, but the planning wasn't really organized in a way that made it clear to everyone.  The camping was great.  The spot was gorgeous, the pond was "stocked" with fish and we even had rented port-o-potties out there.  Meals were hit-and-miss though.  Some of the ingredients were missing for some meals, others were perfect pseudo-camping style meals.  I think that the planning people were great and they put a lot of work into this, don't get me wrong.  I just think there were a few miscommunications about activities and meals.

Sadly, by Friday, I was already hating life due to 3 hours of sleep and skin like unto a fried fish, so I called it quits and didn't stay for the boating planned for Saturday.  Oh well.  I guess I can learn to wakeboard some other time.

No comments: