Thursday, July 22, 2010

thought provoking questions

The frustrations of my class seem more like a fire being continually fueled by new annoyances.  Here's the one from today.

Every week or so, we get assigned study questions that we work on and usually ask good questions about the information covered that week.  I like them for the most part, but I feel like the information is good, but the questions can be AWFUL.  

While working on one this week I came across this question:


In-and-of itself it's a good question.  I admit that it was good enough that I had to look at the key to know the answer was "d."  But here's what I thought was idiotic about it.  I cut off the next question:


Yeah.  You see that?  Now can anyone in their right mind tell my why that would be an "important concept of Biology" and help me to "make connections" and "not just fly by using memorization" in a class where each of those are what she sees as important in a class like this?  It's nothing but pure laziness and what seems to be a question based on busy work!

Breathe Mojo, breathe... 

No comments: