Sunday, February 15, 2009

the sky is falling, the sky is falling

Okay, I know. Two posts in one day. What the junk? Well, I thought this was note worthy enough that I couldn't keep my readers in the dark...

I've spent the last while (all of today in fact) studying for an online test that I have. I didn't realize until almost too late that there was a review posted online. This was due to the fact that there was a typo on the email from my teacher explaining about the review.

The exam covers lessons 1-8. Since the exam's objective questions come from the same question pool used for lesson quizzes[ps, internal note... how cool is that?], you can prepare for the objective portion by taking lesson quizzes over and over. There should also be an exam review once you complete lesson 8.
Well, little did he fail to mention was that every time he typed 8, he meant 9. I looked online for the review for a while, and I thought to myself, "oh. Guess there isn't a REAL review, just the lesson quizes." Wrong. Try looking at the bottom of lesson 9 and there is was. Yippy.

So as I spent the entire day studying away, I had to take periodic breaks for sanity purposes. In one instance, I stood up, stretched while putting my hands on the ceiling (heavenly) when lo and behold, my hand went THROUGH the ceiling. Now, I'm not engineer (except a software engineer, but that's besides the point) but I'm pretty sure that hands are NOT supposed to do that.

Note: That hole doesn't seem to fit the style of the ceiling design.

Oh yes, and as we picked at the hole, a load of water started to make its way into my humble abode. I know. Awesome.

I'm just thankful that nothing happened to my laptop, which was sitting almost directly below it as I was studying. I couldn't imaging losing all my notes for my open-note test just minutes before taking it. Oy. Someone is smiling upon me today.

1 comment:

Marcelina Moreno said...

I don't know if you know this but it's been over a month since you last blogged. I think that you need to stop doing whatever it is you are doing instead of blogging and get on it.