Thursday, March 25, 2010

big things come in small names

Have you ever thought it funny that such a large company has a name that starts with "Micro?"

I got my resume all typed up and sent it off.  I hope to hear back soon.  An internship over the summer would be fantastic.  I know I'm getting into the game a little late, but it's always worth a shot.  

It's been a fun spring break.  I was a little shocked that it was Thursday today.  Honestly, I went through the entire day thinking that it was Wednesday.  Weird.  I've been quite productive and I hope to get everything done this week that I need so I can focus on school.  I'm cutting it down pretty close to the wire, but I'm sure I can work it out.

I've been working with my new job and I have quite a few new leads.  It really helps that my mother worked for the school district and seems to know everyone that I would need to talk to.  In fact, she got me talking with the people whose job is to find people like me.  Nice.  I'll be making a few more calls tomorrow before everyone goes home for the weekend to see if I can get some more headway on this project.  I'm pretty excited about it.

I did get to visit Slagle while I was down at the highschool the other day.  She's great.  It was the morning before a concert so it seemed that she was pretty busy getting everything done.  She made a huge impact on my highschool days.  It was fun to see her and I hope that when we get up and running at that school, that I'll be able to say hello more frequently.  

Why does spring break go so quickly?

No comments: