Sunday, October 18, 2009

poor, poor (totally awesome) mojo

My adventures for this week can all be seen in this informative and hilarious fake web ad:


2009-10 Season Pass to Brighton Ski Resort: $215



New Boots: $110


New Bindings: $100


New Board: $200

A new friend at Sports Autority who told us that we could go boarding with him as long as 2.0 doesn't make him tie her boots for her: Priceless.

For everything else, there's credit card debt. Accepted most anywhere but hardly acceptable.

Yeah. That's right readers. I'm so ready for this jump into awesomeness. Plus, just OWNING the gear makes me cool, let alone my sweet skills whilst wearing them. Ah, yeah.

2.0 and I went back to Sniagrab on Saturday and got our best friend (whom we met our first time there) to help us get the rest of the gear. Toni (aka, 'bluetooth') helped me pick out a good board and some awesome bindings.

Afterward we headed to Costco to meet up with some other friends and get some shopping done. It was fun running around the isles, pointing out great eats, trying samples of lime roasted shrimp and BBQed Beef. Nothing beats going there on a Saturday.

We were there with 2.0's little sister J who was extremely late getting home for a family party (which 2.0 was only planning to stop-by for some time during the night). We drove out and said hello to everyone. Well, it was quickly evident that we should stay (steaks on the grill) so we helped fix dinner and ate with the entire family. Now when I say entire family, I'm not exaggerating when I am saying ma and pa, 4 siblings, 6 nieces and nephews NOT including the 2 babies. It was a full house.

We had a great time talking a playing with the kids. I even found out I have a class with 2.0's brother. Who knew? Darn that university for having a class of 200 students!

No comments: