Thursday, October 22, 2009

going places

Here is Mojo's daily attire (due to work dress codes):


Here's Mojo's mode of transportation across campus:


Yes, it's quite the sight to see. Although what is more interesting are the looks from people watching me streak past them in a blur of solid colored shirt and striped tie. There are mainly three different looks that I tend to see. All of which, I saw today. To make the explanation of easier to understand, I refer to NBCs The Office:

Firstly, there is the Jim Halpert. This normally comes from non-longboarders:


Secondly, the Dwight Schrute. This comes from those who walk in the bike lane:


Lastly, my personal favorite. The Michael Scott. This look comes from longboarders, especially the longboarders that I know personally:


Not too long ago, I was leaving my art class and someone in the class came up to me and asked, "Hey, do you longboard." My class is at night and the materials are to cumbersome to carry while longboarding so it doesn't come with me to class. I responded with a resounding yes. She then told me that she had seen me longboarding across campus that day and thought to herself that it was so funny to see someone dressed like a businessman riding a longboard across campus... twice.

I somewhat like being that type of spectacle on campus. I'm hoping that I get some sort of nickname like, "Longboarding Business Guy," or "Necktie Boarder." Something like that. Readers, see what you can do about that.

No comments: