Sunday, July 19, 2009

back to the future


So I recently made some purchases. I've been pretty good about buying things I don't need, or rather, NOT buying things I don't need. But I figure I can do it every once and and while. So here was my splurging:

Do you remember our good friend the blue superhero with a gun attached to his arm? Yes, the amazing Megaman. (Rockman)

Well, I remember YEARS ago, renting the original games from the place just up the street. It wasn't a big store or anything, just a locally owned place and I would rent Megaman as often as I could.

Then came the day when I bought the NES cartages. I had saved my money for who knows how long and I went up to the same store where I rented the games. I don't remember which game exactly I bought, but along with BattleToads, I was home playing my new games. The $5 tag taken off the cartridge, and it was mine.

Well, in memory of these great games, I got on Amazon the other day and started looking for some information on the old Megaman games. I decided that it was time to play all these classics again, so I bought the MegaMan Anniversary Edition for the Playstation 2. It is a collection of the original eight Megaman games on one disk. I've been nostalgic for these games and it really is amazing the memories that come back from playing them.

Well, the original games is great to have, but I thought I might as well get the Megaman X collection as well, so I know own Megaman 1-8 and Megaman X - Megaman X7. Nerdy, I know. Awesome, Oh, I KNOW!

No comments: