Thursday, September 2, 2010

idea generator

I sometimes wish I had an idea generator.  This semester, I've been told to come up with multiple game ideas.  I had to come up with a new game idea for a class (not the senior project) and what I came up with was a Bomberman-style game.  I used to love Bomberman and I played it on consoles, computer, and even my TI-86.  Yeah.  I was a nerd even back then!

But I'm trying to be original in these ideas, but I'm feeling like my ideas are starting to get a little repetitive.  Hmm.  Maybe if I came up with an idea generator where all I would do would be to add in some confines and it would give me an idea. 

Some of the ideas from my class have been interesting.  I've actually liked some of them, but hearing pitch after pitch has been a little hard to really focus on.  I'm getting tired and it's only the second week of the semester.  I think it's time to go on vacation.

Oh wait, I have one planned!  KB's family has invited me to go down to St. George with them this weekend.  It's going to be pretty fun.  I haven't been down there since I was in elementary school and I think it's time to go back.  It's going to be nice because they boys in her family are all like me.  They love games and they love CS.  This bodes well for me. 

I'm going to have to do quite a bit of homework while I'm there, so I might not be the funnest person in the whole world, but I'm going to try and keep that boring-ness to a minimum.  I've gotten a few assignments to do over the weekend, which I think is totally lame.  I can't believe that teachers think that over a long weekend, all I would want to do is homework.  Yikes.

KB, I wish we were leaving today.   

No comments: