Sunday, June 27, 2010

life is like lego star wars

So I've spent the day with my niece and nephew.  It's been a blast.  I have learned a lot from my nephew who is 5 (although he claims to be 200), mainly that babies are born knowing how to do backflips, climb houses and jump off without getting hurt.  Little did you know, right?

You can learn a lot from kids.  I have found that my nephew follows after my own love of videogames.  While the rest of the family was getting some sleep (8-hour time difference calls for some jet-lag) he played games on my computer for quite a while.  In fact, in anticipation, I bought some games on Steam for just this occasion.  Not too long ago, I sent them a link to Sushi Cat, a flash game that is well known and easy to play and they have loved it.  So, since Steam decided to have a major sale, I thought, "why not?"

So in a depression of spending way too much money on things that don't matter, I thought, I'll buy some for me to make myself feel better.  Here's the list of new games:

(For the kids... and myself)
Plants Vs. Zombies
Peggle Deluxe
Toki Tori

(for me)
Audiosurf
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Team Fortress 2

So yeah... I may have gone a little overboard.  It's okay though, I figure that I've wanted these games for a while and they were all on sale.  Nice.

Just so you don't think that this is all we do, I've also had them on the trampoline and playing outside.  I'm not THAT irresponsible.

No comments: