Wednesday, June 30, 2010

fish sticks and guitar music

My niece and nephews staying with us are pretty fun.  We just had dinner and they were a blast tonight.  I wasn't able to spend most of the day with them (like each day since Sunday) because I had a study group for a quiz I have tomorrow.  But when I came home, we had a great time.

Dinner was a classic dinner at the RFC.  Yeah, you guessed it.  Fish sticks.

We love fish sticks at this house.  We eat them all the time.  My father is actually quite in love with them.  We have them about once a week but tonight they were also accompanied by home made baked fries and a romain lettuce salad.  Yum.

But the best part of the evening was sitting in the front yard.  We haven't had a great bench in the front yard so it normally gets quite a bit of neglect.  But for Father's Day, we got my father a new bench and it's changed how we spend time here at the RFC.  It's warm so now we can spend as much time as we'd like out there.  We all sat around the yard on the bench and some camping chairs.  I got my guitar, my father played his, and we sang songs that the kids knew and loved.


Summer rocks.

No comments: