Friday, May 7, 2010

the micro loan

So I got an email from Kiva today to remind me that Mother's Day was coming up.  They had some gift certificates that they wanted to sell.  Kiva is a pretty cool non-prof though.  I think I first heard about them from watching A LOT of commercials on Hulu.  And getting to know the company by checking out their website was pretty cool.  I've really enjoyed doing micro loans to people.

A friend of mine named Frances said that it was her goal this year to make one micro loan.  What a great goal that is.  I think I'm going to follow her lead.  My goal, to get someone else to make a micro loan.

So in that light, I'm posting 3 posts (is that redundant?) about the people that I have loaned money to in hopes that it will get you to think about doing the same.

Woot.

No comments: