Thursday, May 6, 2010

singing, "schools out for... two weeks"

Well, finals are done.  My last one was today. Yikes, that was an intense semester ("like the circus, and camping." ha!)

Things are winding down, and we all know what that means.  Yes, it's a short break before summer semester begins.  I really wish I had more time to myself to relax, but I am self-imposing these schedules so that I can graduate without killing myself.  Although, I have been running into some major snags along the way.

I got my acceptance letter from SLCC (...huzzah...) but it said I wasn't a resident of Utah.  Okay, shut the front door.  I'm totally a resident.  Jerks.  I had to call them and settle the whole thing.  It didn't take too long, but I was informed that before I could sign up for classes, I would have to come in and do their orientation.  Having been a college student far longer than I would like to admit, I didn't feel it all that important.  But, I COULDN'T register for a class until it was done.

I found out that I could do it online.  I was stoked.  It took ten minutes and I was feeling quite good when it told me that it would take up to two more days for them to process my online orientation.  And here I thought when I pressed the "Complete" button, I was done.

All-in-all I got it all set up and I tried to add the class.  Red letters sirens and all such forth were overwhelming me and I soon found out why.  The class was full.  Not only full, but TOO full.  In the books, it's a class that seats 35.  That is a great class size and I was pretty excited to have a Physics class that wasn't over 200 students.  But there were 51 enrolled.  Yeah, you heard me.  51 enrolled students in a class of 35.

I called the professor and asked if there was anything I could do.  When I didn't get a response, I emailed her.  Seems like she won't add anyone else into the class until at least 10 people drop out and she said that won't happen within the first week and she wasn't willing to let someone in after the first week.  Sheesh.

Well, So here I am, getting ready to take Physics from the U which I was avoiding in the first place.  I guess you can't always win... Maybe I'll get the time to myself to relax after all.

No comments: