Tuesday, September 15, 2009

visa card, be gentle

Well, Mojo will be poor for the next little while. 2.0 and I bought season passes to night skiing at Brighton. I know. How could I resist a night skiing pass for $200? Well, actually it would have been very easy.

2.0 called me the other day with the idea of buying passes. Now, Mojo's not rolling in the dough, but he's not too poor either. The only problem that I was faced with was that the sale of tickets ended only a few hours after I found out about it. The entire night was spent pondering and debating about the tickets. $200 is nothing to shake a fist at.

Lyndsi, a mutual friend without a cool nickname yet... YET... went up enough times last winter to necessitate a season pass. But not everyone was on board for the $200 investment in pure adrenaline fun. So time pondering was spent and a reasonable compromise was found. 2 for 1.

The resort does a 2 for 1 deal each Monday, Wednesday, Friday (although you have to stand in line for a while) for $16 bucks a person. That's a steal. Better than going for $32. We made a Facebook group so we can contact people about going to the 2 for 1 deal. I know. Sweet.

So here's the deal: It's going to be a little different from what I'm used to... see below


Regular Skiing vs Night Skiing

Warm... Cold (New warmer gear) $$
Bright (Sunglasses)... Dark (New SEEING glasses) $$
Preperation... Able to go on short notice

Plus, the boots I'm wearing above are slightly too small so I can't wear thick socks... yikes. I'll have to see if I can find some sales online.

No comments: