Saturday, August 22, 2009

natalie update

Well, I worked on a little video the other day. It's a pretty simple on about a girl named Natalie that was diagnosed with Juvenal Onset Diabetes. I'm pretty sure I've written about her in the past.

Well, I just checked online to see how the donations for the Step for the Cure was going. Let's just say that they are well above 100% of their goal.

It makes me really happy to see that there are still people in the world that can take a need of someone and take the time to donate, contribute and even in a small way, take the time to make a difference in someone's life. From all the pictures that I got from Devany (mom), I can tell that this girl is adorable. She seems to be so energetic and life-loving. What a neat thing for me to take part in.

Tonight I made some new friends. They are friends of friends who are now just friends. But as we got ready for bed, which as you can tell, I'm not being very good about being in seeing as it just passed 5:00 am as I sit here Facebook stalking and typing away, we discussed our favorite passages of scripture. I pulled out a scripture that is so dear to my heart, that I don't often share it... and since I only have 2 readers, I thought I would share with you what insight I get from a simple and overtly overlooked one.
And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness.
Now, the first time that I share this scripture with others, they read it, and stop, dazed and confused. So let's do the back story:

Mahonri Moriancumer (Commonly referred to in the scriptures as the 'brother of Jared') had a dilemma. He was commanded of the Lord to build a ship. One unlike ANYTHING anyone of the time had seen. It was to be built for a long journey across the ocean and thus had to be windowless and air tight. But with this comes a lack of light. So BoJ tells the Lord that he sees a problem, and the Lord, in His infinite wisdom, doesn't fix the problem, but rather asks BoJ what to do. He quickly devises a plan and tells the Lord:
I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones...
Here's what's so cool. He does it. With His finger, he touches the stones and they glow. It totally works! God didn't solve BoJ's problem with some light from the heavens to come down and sit in the middle of the ship. No. First he let BoJ figure out a good plan in which he used other stones. God being the Father of all wisdom and knowledge, prepared them so that they would be the source of light unto the people.

God uses people to bring His light into the world of darkness. He let's us find the light from those who are around us. Strength from our family or friends. Kindness from a stranger. Help from a leader. Love from God through a fellow man.

So I ask you this: What are your stones? What brings you strength? What has God put in your life that truly brings peace and God's love? Think about it for a moment. You can come back to reading in just a moment.

[Intermission]

Now, there is only one more thing that I leave you with. A question so vital to our own happiness. One that is a thousand times more important than the ones previously stated...

Are YOU a stone in someone else's life?

I hope that in this small gesture of creating a simple movie for a cause that would have otherwise just passed me by, that I have been a source of light, if only for a moment, to this wonderful family. I pray that I have helped someone feel the love of God, and the life changing light and warmth it brings. God is in the details, and we are the details.

No comments: