Tuesday, November 9, 2010

i'm tired and i want to go home

What can I say?  I've been horrible about writing.  And I know that I could just "vow to write more often" but we all know that won't happen.  I've been busy and blogging has been the last thing on my mind.

For those of you who haven't dabbled in my other blog that I have to keep for school, I would say, "why would anyone want to read this?"  So don't bother.  Sadly, it's linked up to my Google Buzz account, so everyone who is following me gets to read it.  Ha!

The last few weeks have been really hard on me and I've taken it out on those who are around me, and for that I'm sorry.  My classes are not going as well as I had hoped.  I started out this semester with an attitude that I was going to like every class.  I even told myself that about a computer systems class which is very hard.  I thought, "I'm going to be really busy, but it is going to be fun none-the-less."  Sadly, it hasn't been the case, and this week has really showed me how unstable I am in school.

I've been spending as much time as I can in my hard class, but we have a midterm tomorrow and I don't know how to do any of the problems on the practice test.

I have to build a unix shell (for the same class I have the midterm) and I don't even know where to start.

I have a film project due tomorrow and I haven't even started it yet.  I hope to get it done this weekend, but even then, that might be a stretch.

My other film class isn't going well either.  I have to have a working game by Thursday, and we can't even import the models for the player, let alone the environment, correctly.  We were put on "warning" and our game is probably going to get scrapped.

The only other class is my senior project which is surprisingly going well, but I hate being that guy who is leaning on the work of my group.

I spend so much of my time going from school work to emails to everything else.  On average I get 25+ email a day that I have read and respond to.  I'm overwhelmed.  Luckily today has been kind and I've only gotten about 10 or so, but the day is still young.  I'm stressed and I can't wait for some sort of break to come.

On top of that, I haven't been sleeping well... for weeks.  I don't remember the last time I made it through the night.  Huzzah.  I'm sure it's stress-related, but I'm almost to the point of not functioning.  I tried exercising, and KB was kind enough to come with me, but 6am was too early and I quickly lost motivation AND a running partner.

I'm sorry that this has turned into a pitty party, but I'm on my last leg...

and I can't buy lunch because I couldn't find my wallet this morning.  I'm starving.

No comments: